One of my previous air fryer recipe – sweet potato crisps/chips was very popular on my Instagram feed. I was asked if apple crisps can be made in air fryer. The answer to that, as you can see in the title of this post, is YES! It is very easy to make apple crisps. This recipe for apple crisp is a healthy one. I only used apple, lemon, oil and cinnamon as my ingredients. To see how these crunchy, cinnamony apple crisps are done, keep reading!
Please note, different air fryer might have a slightly different performance. However, I found one that is similar to the one I have and has the best rating on Amazon. Here is what I found
Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer (For UK), BLACK+DECKER HF110SBD 2-Liter Oil Free Air Fryer (For US)
Ingredients for Apple Crisp Recipe
Apple, lemon, oil and cinnamon
- Slice an apple into thin slices.
- Put all the slices into a bowl, squeeze in some lemon juice to prevent oxidation. Spray some oil, then add in some cinnamon powder (optional). Mix everything well together.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 160°C/320°F for 5mins.
- Put all the slices into the air fryer basket. Separate the slices as much as possible. Cook it under 160°C/320°F for 20mins. Because different air fryer might have different performance, remember to check regularly and separate the slices once in a while.
- Take out apple crisps and leave it to cool down. Ready to serve.
Note: I know not everyone uses air fryer. You can do this apple crisp recipe in the oven too. Same temperature setting can be applied to the oven. Put in a piece of foil to hold apple crisp and remember turn all the apple crisps half way (~15 mins). Make sure the oven setting you use is the fan setting. Different oven may perform differently, remember to check regularly
Here is a video version of what I just wrote above 🙂 Watch it if you have unlimited internet or wifi. Printer-able recipe is at the bottom of the post.
Until next time….